The 1.5 social distancing level, including additional enhanced quarantine measures for the Busan area, has been extended for two more weeks until Sunday, April 11, 2021.
Social Distancing Level in Busan Area: Level 1.5 (with some adjusted quarantine measures)
(Effective Monday, March 29 until Sunday, April 11, 2021)
The following are the required quarantine rules for all facilities, but quarantine rules by facility will be applied first.
Quarantine measures for prevention and control by facility
Quarantine Measures for Prevention and Control (Common):
Required quarantine rules: wear a mask, keep a visitor log (except shops·marts·department stores), ventilate and disinfect regularly
- prohibit eating outside in food service areas, excluding water and non-alcoholic beverages
Private gatherings of 5 or more persons are prohibited
*Except when immediate family are gathering (gatherings of up to 8 persons to be allowed); when the families of the bride and the bridegroom have a meeting (gatherings of up to 8 persons to be allowed); when the private gatherings are accompanied with infants aged under 6 (gatherings of up to 8 persons to be allowed, only gatherings of up to 4 persons except infants aged under 6); when it is required for the care of children, the elderly, or the disabled; when a person is about to pass away requiring the family to gather; when people gather for sports games at sports facilities with their facility’s manager (hosting sports games at indoor and outdoor futsal fields, soccer fields and baseball fields); when people gather for traditional first-birthday parties for babies, celebrations known as doljanchi, at specialized venues with disinfection protocols.
– Reservations or entrance of 5 or more persons to multi-purpose facilities, including restaurants are prohibited
Other gatherings & events
- Weddings, funerals, and commemorative events: Limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡),
- Events with over 500 participants need to be reported and discussed with local governments. Mandatory compliance with quarantine measures
- Ban on rallies, festivals large scale concerts and academic events with over 100 participants
– Gatherings for exhibitions, fairs and international conferences limited to one person per 4㎡ (standard for prohibited gatherings of 100 or more persons does not apply)
- Exhibits, expos and international conferences: Limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡)
- Wear a mask indoors, keep a visitor log, ventilate and disinfect regularly
Maintain 2-meter (at least 1-meter) distancing in the facilities
2. Multi-use Facilities
▷ Priority facilities:
5 types of entertainment facilities (bars, including night clubs and room salons, colatecs (Korean-style cabaret), karaoke bars, pubs, hunting pochas), Hold’em pubs (card game pubs)):
Required use of electronic log systems (including staff), limit on the number of people (1 person/8㎡, including staff and dealer), required to wear gloves when using public goods such as dice, cards, etc., when singing wear a facemask (install partitions and only one person singing at a time is allowed), dancing is prohibited (no operation of dancing halls or dance floors), Prohibited for people to move from room/table to room/table.
Door-to-door sales and direct sales promotion halls: Suspension of operations after 10PM until 5AM the next day, no eating (water and non-alcoholic beverages allowed) and singing, limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡)
Singing rooms: Limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡), No eating (water and non-alcoholic beverages allowed rooms must be immediately disinfected after use and can then be used 30 minutes later (keep a register of customers).
Indoor standing performance halls: Limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡), No eating (water and non-alcoholic beverages allowed), standing is prohibited, keep a 2-meter (at least 1 meter) distance between seats Restaurants/cafes (including unmanned cafes): Facilities of 50㎡ or larger in size, comply with one of the following measures: ① Distance of 1 meter between tables; ② Empty seats/tables between seats/tables; ③ Install partitions between tables
When more than two customers order only coffee, a beverage or dessert menu item, they will be strongly recommended to stay for up to an hour only.
Buffets: Use of plastic gloves or hand sanitizers before and after use of tongs, plates, and utensils; keep distance between users in line for food.
▷ Regular facilities:
- Indoor sports facilities (including indoor winter sports facilities): Limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡), Eating food is prohibited (water, non-alcohol beverage is permitted).
- Outdoor winter sports facilities (including ice rinks, snow sledding trails, and ski resorts): Limit on number of users to 1/2 of capacity, suspension of operations of shuttle buses
- Wedding halls, funeral halls: Limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡)
- Bathhouses: Limit on the number of people (1 person/8㎡), eating food is prohibited (except water and non-alcohol beverage), no operations of saunas in bathhouses
- Movie theaters, Concert halls: Keep one seat empty between customers (sitting next to a companion is permitted)
- PC rooms: Keep one seat empty between customers (sitting next to a companion is permitted)
- Multi-rooms/DVD rooms: Limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡)
- Private academies (excluding study rooms), job training centers: Limit the number of people (1 person/4㎡) or keep one empty seat between students
- Study rooms and cafes: Group rooms up to 50% capacity (up to 4 persons); keep one seat empty between visitors
- Amusement and water parks: Limit on number of users to 1/2 of capacity
- Barbershops/hair salons: Limit on the number of people (1 person/4㎡) or keep two seats empty between customers.
- Department stores·large supermarkets: Visitor temperature checks, mandatory to wear a face mask
- Retail stores other than department stores and large supermarkets (larger than 300 ㎡): Mandatory to wear a face mask, ventilate and disinfect regularly
▷ National and public facilities: Velodromes, regattas, racecourses, and casinos limited to 20% of visitor capacity; Other facilities limited to 50% capacity
▷ Social welfare facilities: Operating under strict quarantine measures.
3. Daily Life and Social & Economic Activities
▷ Mandatory to wear a face mask
Mandatory to wear a face mask at priority and regular facilities, public transportation, medical centers, pharmacies, nursing facilities, day and night care facilities, rally, indoor and outdoor sports venues, high-risk workplaces, events with over 500 participants reported and discussed with local governments; administrative fines to be imposed for violations
▷ Sports activities: Limited spectators (30%)
▷Use of public transportation: Mandatory to wear a face mask
Residents in the metropolitan area are strongly advised to refrain from visiting other regions for the purpose of travel or business trips, eating food is prohibited in the public transports (except international flight)
▷School: 2/3 of student capacity recommended
▷Religious activities: In-person worship services (i.e. Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, Cheondoist) at less than 30 percent seat capacity, but prohibited from holding meetings and providing meals.
Working from home recommended for a proportion of workers per organization/division (e.g: 1/3 of employees)
Mandatory wearing of face masks in businesses considered high-risk (distribution and logistics centers, call centers)
- Accommodations: prohibited from exceeding capacity of people in one room; a ban on gatherings for events and parties hosted at accommodation venues, public notice of hosting private parties, resulting in compulsory checkout
- Party rooms: limit on the number of people (1 person/8㎡) and public notice of room capacity, comply with one of the following measures: ① Distance of 1 meter between tables; ② Empty seats/tables between seats/tables; ③ Install partitions between tables
- Sales businesses with experiential activities and briefing sessions (regardless of being registered or unregistered): Ban on briefing sessions; ban on close contact between salespeople and customers during experiential activities. (Clean or sanitize customers’ hands and equipment after experiential activities, keep two meters distance between customers)
The city government will impose a “one-strike-out” policy on rule violations. A violation of the quarantine rules even once will immediately result in operations being shut down.
Violations of the quarantine rules: Fines of up to 100,000 won for individual violators and up to 3 million won for facility managers, business owners and operators.
[Classification of Multi-use Facilities]
‘Priority’ Facilities (6 types)
▶ Bars, including night clubs and room salons, colatecs (Korean-style cabaret), karaoke bars, pubs, hunting pocha, dance halls, Hold’em pubs
▶ Singing rooms ▶ indoor standing performance halls ▶direct sales (e.g., door-to-door sales) promotion centers
▶ restaurants/cafes/bakeries ▶ party rooms
“Regular’ Facilities (16 types and first birthday party businesses)
▶ wedding halls ▶ funeral homes ▶ first birthday party businesses ▶ bathhouses/saunas ▶concert halls ▶ movie theaters
▶ Internet cafes (PC bangs) ▶ multi-rooms/DVD rooms
▶ Indoor sports facilities ▶ sports arenas (with spectators) ▶ Outdoor sports facilities
▶ Private academies (including for wind instrument, singing, acting, dance and dormitory types)
▶ Study rooms and cafes
▶ Amusement parks/water parks ▶ barbershops/hair salons ▶ department stores·large supermakets
▶ Retail stores (larger than 300 ㎡)
For more detailed guidelines, please visit our website at https://www.busan.go.kr/covid19/Prevention07.do (Korean)