- Governor: Gwendolyn Garcia
- Location: the Visayas region of the central Philippines
- Population: approximately 2.5 million
- Area: 4,933㎢
- Main industries: tourism, furniture manufacturing and port-related industries
- Contact information
- Address: Cebu Provincial Capitol, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
- Division in charge: Office of the Provincial Governor
- Tel: 6332-253-6070
- Fax: 6332-255-0642
- Website: http://www.cebu.gov.ph/
At a Glance
- Cebu is ranked as the No. 1 province of the Philippines, located in the Visayas region of the central Philippines. It consists of Cebu Island and 167 surrounding islands.
- First established by the seafarer Magellan as a strategic port and trading center in the 16th century, today it is the commercial, economic, cultural and religious center of the central and southern region of the country.
- As home to the Port of Cebu and Mactan-Cebu International Airport, it accounts for 80% of the nation's sea and air traffic. It is also known as the capital of furniture manufacturing in the Philippines.
- As a leading tourist destination in Southeast Asia, frequently referred to as the "Queen City of the South", Cebu boasts beautiful natural scenery and an advanced resort industry.
- Cebu signed the Sister City Relationship with Busan Metropolitan City on December 16, 2011 with Mayor Hur, Nam-sik visiting Cebu for the occasion.
History of Exchanges
June 23, 2011
The Governor of Cebu visited Busan to sign a Letter of Intent on the Establishment of Friendly Cooperation Relations.
Cebu proposed the establishment of a Sister City relationship with Busan
December 16, 2011
Mayor Hur, Nam-sik of Busan Metropolitan City visited Cebu to sign the Sister City Agreement
Chief of Staff: Elizabeth Francia
Tel: 63 32 253 1970, Fax: 63 32 255 0642