“Busan Museum of Movies”, the nation's first movie experience museum opened to the public on July 4th after the opening ceremony on June 30.
The museum is a 4-story building with three underground levels on a total floor area of 11,302 square meters in Yongdusan Park.
The museum contains exhibition halls, experience halls, and a VR theater.
The exhibition halls feature the history of movies and cutting-edge cinema technologies, a music section with movie soundtracks, a book section with novels that films originated from, a cinema academy, BIFF zone and a VR theater. Visitors can experience cutting-edge technologies for filming, film production, and post-production, including filming a time-slice shot, chroma keying and dubbing. There is also an illusion tunnel, hand printing, photo zone and programs for kids. It will be the city’s newest attraction where visitors can enjoy everything related to films.
The admission fee is 10,000 won for adults, 7,000 won for students. Additionally, Busan citizens will be eligible to receive a 30 percent discount. Visitors will get 50% off on admission rates for the opening event from July 4 to 30.
The nation’s first experiential movie museum, Busan Museum of Movies
○ Address: 12, Daecheong-ro 126beon-gil, Jung-gu, Busan (in the Yongdusan Park)
○ How to get there: Take Metro Line No. 1 to Jungang Station (Exit 5) and then walk about 5 minutes towards Yongdusan Park.
○ Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (last admission is at 5:00 p.m.)
○ Closed: Mondays, January 1, New Year’s day, Chuseok
○ For more information: (051)715-4200
○ Website: http://busanbom.kr/?page_id=54948