To celebrate the 100th anniversary of Korean Modern Master Yoo Youngkuk’s birth (1916-2002), the largest-ever retrospective exhibition of Yoo Youngkuk will be held at the Busan Museum of Art jointly with the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art from March 29 to June 25th.
Yoo Youngkuk was a pioneer of Korean abstract art and Korean modern art in general.
This exhibition presents a comprehensive array of Yoo's art: 101 works and 67 archival items spanning from his early days as a student in Japan (1937) to his final work (1999). The exhibit also will display his artwork during his refuge period in Busan. Many of Yoo’s works emphasize nature and space using basic elements like dots, lines, surfaces, and colors.
100th Anniversary of Korean Modern Master: YOO YOUNGKUK (1916-2002)
○ Period: March 29 - June 25, 2017
○ Venue: Busan Museum of Art
○ Hours of Operation:
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri and Sun 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sat 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Last Wednesday of the month 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
(Last admission is one hour before closing.)
○ Tickets: 3,000 won for adults, 2,000 won for youths
○ Hosted by: Busan Museum of Art, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art
○ Cooperated by: YOO YOUNGKUK ART FOUNDATION
○ For more info.: (051)744-2602
○ Website: http://art.busan.go.kr/