BEXCO (Busan Exhibition and Convention Center)
- BEXCO (Busan Exhibition and Convention Center) Corporation was established in 1995.
Ground was broken on the BEXCO Center in 1998 and it was completed in 2001 as the 2nd convention center to be built in the country, after COEX in Seoul.
- The exhibition and convention industry was designated as one of the regional strategic industries in 2004, and within three years Busan had risen to seventh in the rankings of most popular international convention cities in Asia.
- Busan, now currently ranked the fourth most popular international convention city in Asia, embarked on its BEXCO expansion project in 2006 to meet projected future growth in the demand for international conferences and exhibitions. The project, which included the construction of a 2nd exhibition & convention center, and an auditorium, has now been completed, with both facilities formally opened to the public on June 1, 2012.
Successfully Hosted Events
ITU Telecom 2004
2005 APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting
The 1st Exhibition & Convention Center
- Floor Area: 92.786㎡ / Exhibition Area: 26,445㎡ / Land Area: 124.544㎡
- Size: 7-story building (with one underground level) 1,144 parking spaces (including 24 parking spaces for the disabled)
- Major Facilities: 3 Exhibition Halls (26,445㎡), 15 Multipurpose Halls (1,958㎡), 19 Convention Halls (3,028㎡)
The 2nd Exhibition & Convention Center
- Floor Area: 92,311㎡ / Exhibition Area: 20,012㎡ / Land Area: 36,316㎡
- Size: 5-story building (with two underground levels) 1,675 parking spaces (including 56 parking spaces for the disabled)
- 1,675 parking spaces (including 56 parking spaces for the disabled)
- Major Facilities: 11 Exhibition Halls (20,013㎡), 12 Multipurpose Halls (1,958㎡)
Auditorium (for international conferences & multipurpose events)
- Floor Area: 29,317㎡
- Size: 5-story building (with two underground levels) 4,002 seats
- Major Facilities: 544㎡ (32m*17m), 8 simultaneous interpretation booths, dressing room, 403 parking spaces
Schedule for Major International Conferences & Exhibition
- Location: 55, APEC-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan
- Website: http://www.bexco.co.kr
- Contact no.: +82-51-740-7300 (Fax. +82-51-740-7320)
- Getting there: Take Metro Line 2 and get off at Centum City (Exit 1)
Nurimaru APEC House
The Nurimaru APEC House is located on a picturesque Dongbaekseom Island thick with camellias and pine trees. It is located one kilometer away from BEXCO. Nearby Haeundae Beach allows people to appreciate the exquisite scenery of the area. Nurimaru is a high quality international conference hall complete with natural and modern beauty.
- Address: 116 Dongbaek-ro, Haeundae-gu (U-dong) (on the Dongbaekseom Island)
- Website: Nurimaru APEC House Website
- Contact No.: +82-51-744-3140
- Getting there
Metro: Take Metro Line No. 2 and get off at Dongbaek Station.
Bus: Take bus No. 302, 307 and get off opposite Grand Hotel.
Busan Tourism Organization MICE Bureau
The Busan Tourism Organization MICE Bureau offers various services to attract conventions and provide support for successful events.
- Providing consultation and guidance regarding convention-organizing procedures
- Providing informative materials concerning conventions and travel around Busan
- Engaging in joint efforts to attract conventions
- Supporting the preliminary visit of convention officials
- Providing convention-related information services