It was just a spacious, unoccupied ground next to a small zoo where residents used to gather together for village athletic meeting or annual events. In September 1928, there stood Busan Public Ground, which changed its name into Gudeok Main Stadium in June 1982. It is a historical place where students gave rise to National Movement in November 1940, and American transportation army stationed during Korean War to recover Seoul from the ommunist government of North Korea. It served as a single civilian ground in Busan until Sajik Main Stadium was completed in 1982. Gudeok Main Stadium holds athletic field, baseball ground, indoor gym, swimming pool and other facilities, used as an auxiliary stadium in 1988 Olympic Games and a main stadium in 1997 Eastern Asian Games. As a main venue of holding various kinds of sport events, it places an important position in Busan with a long history of Seo-gu.
|Athletic Facilities||Plottage||Floorage||Structure||Stadium Area||Capacity Seating||Notes|
|Main Stadium||30,499 ㎡||13,347.38 ㎡||Reinforced Concrete Structure||15,178 ㎡||12,349||natural lawn
(400m tracks 8 lanes)
|Gudeok Baseball Ground||19,941 ㎡||5,132.37 ㎡||RC Group||11,286 ㎡||11,724||artificial turf|
|Gymnasium||7,143 ㎡||6,876.06 ㎡||Steel framed concrete structure||1,018 ㎡||3,589|