○ Period: October 12-21, 2017
32 SCREEN at 5 THEATERS (including P&I and Market screening)
- Busan Cinema Center, LOTTE CINEMA Centum City, CGV Centum City, MEGABOX Haeundae, Dongseo University Sohyang Theater
Total of 300 films from 75 countries
130 World & International Premieres
- 99 World Premieres (75 Feature Films, 24 Short Films)
- 31 International Premieres (26 Feature Films, 5 Short Films)
- All New Currents screenings are World Premieres
Hand Printing, Master Class, Open Talk, Meet the Guest: Talk to Talk, Audience Meet-and-Greet
○ Website: http://www.biff.kr
Giants of the film industry will return to Busan in mid-October for the 22nd Busan International Film Festival.
Hundreds of films from about 70 countries are screened over 10 days during the popular festival. Designated venues will be in Centum City at the Busan Cinema Center, CGV, Lotte Cinema and Sohyang Theater, as well as at Megabox in Haeundae.
Once again, there will be plenty of independent and short films on offer at BIFF for those looking beyond box office blockbusters. And, of course, the lavish, bright and exciting red carpet event during the opening ceremony is a perennial highlight.
Film screenings, ticket sales, meet-and-greets and additional events are led by the Busan Cinema Center during the festival. The New Currents section for the Asian film competition will be chaired by Oscar-winning American director Oliver Stone. The Korean Cinema Retrospective focus this year will be on Korean actor Shin Seong-il, a prolific Korean film star who rose to prominence in the 1960s and 70s and who has appeared in over 500 films.
Dynamic Busan will provide detailed information in our October issue on opening and closing films, films to be screened and guests scheduled to appear.
Besides official programs, booths will be set up in Haeundae including at open stages for meet-and-greets with directors and actors. BEXCO will also host the Asia Film Market, an event where film-related copyright purchases, investments and distribution will be discussed.
- How to get there: For Busan Cinema Center, Centum City Station, exit 6 or 12. Walk behind Shinsegae Centum City about 10 minutes. It is located across from the Shinsegae Centum City mall.