○ Period: October 22 - 31, 2017
○ Venue: Asiad Main Stadium, Busan Cinema Center, Busan Citizens Park, Haeundae area and more
○ Website: http://www.bof.or.kr/
○ For more info.: (051)746-3164
Are you planning on attending the Busan One Asia Festival this year? You might want to decide quickly as tickets might be selling fast.
The Busan One Asia Festival garnered lots of enthusiastic praise among K-Pop fans when it debuted last year for its comprehensive lineup of popular stars, copious opportunities to try Korean foods both familiar and unique and for its overall ability to provide a memorable hallyu (Korean wave) experience for participants.
Organized by the city and Busan Tourism Organization, the Busan One Asia Festival showcases a variety of programs that aim to bring the best of both Busan and hallyu culture to more K-Pop fans outside Korea. Popular singers from Korea as well as overseas are scheduled to perform at a number of venues throughout the city.
- Information: bof.or.kr, @busanoneafe on Instagram, facebook.com/BusanOneAsiaFestival, twitter.com/busanoneafe
- How to get there: For Busan Asiad Main Stadium for the opening ceremony and other events: Sports Complex Station (Metro line 3), exit 9. Walk straight 15 minutes. For BOF Land: Haeundae Station (Metro line 2), exit 3 or 5. Walk to the square. For Busan Citizens Park for Park Concert: Bujeon Station (Metro line 1), exit 7, or Bujeon Station (Donghae Line), exit 2. Walk toward the park.
The Busan One Asia Festival opening ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. Oct. 22 at Busan Asiad Main Stadium. It is scheduled to feature popular K-Pop performers Black Pink, BAP, Wanna One, Sechskies, Apink, Gfriend and ASTRO.
The Legend Stage will entertain Oct. 24 to 27 at Gunamro Square in Haeundae, showcasing K-Pop, rock, hip-hop and electronic dance music.
Busan Citizens Park will host its Park Concert at 8 p.m. Oct. 29. The concert is being touted as fun for all ages and will feature girl group Red Velvet, singers Baek Ji-yeong, Kim Tae-woo, Yuri Sangja, Ailee and Bolbbalgan Sachungi who each promise to entertain with their powerful and unique voices.
The festival's awards will close the big event on Oct. 31 at Busan Cinema Center's outdoor stage with a red carpet event and congratulatory performances.
■ Things to enjoy in BOF Land
Gunamro Square in Haeundae turns into "BOF Land" during the festival, with local jazz teams and indie bands providing streetside performances during the day. A K-Pop cover dance contest is scheduled in the evening on Oct. 28, while booths will be set up for board games, virtual reality content, drawing shows as well as plenty of opportunities for photos.
■ BOF Ground
The folks on stage aren't the only reason to attend One Asia Festival festivities.
Korean celebrity chefs including Lee Yeon-bok, Choi Hyeon-seok and Oh Se-deuk will run a food booth for three days at Norimaru, the former Jeonpo Middle School located at the beginning of Jeonpo Cafe Street. They will offer Chinese, Italian and French fare. A local food booth for Busan favorites like eomuk (fish cake) and ssiat hotteok (sweet pancake stuffed with seeds) will be there, as well. Norimaru will also host programs that provide beauty and fashion consultations and introduce new trends.