From December 2017 to February 2018, the ASEAN Culture House will host a special exhibition titled “Salt of the Jungle” to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between the Republic of Korea and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
The majority of Vietnamese artists here represent the “post- Đổi mới” generation who grew up after the 1986 economic reform, whereas the Korean artists are of a similar generation who also experienced new social and economic developments starting from the 1980s.
The contemplative ideals of the young artists from the two countries are sure to captive you.
The title of the exhibition, “Salt of the Jungle” is borrowed from the novel of the same name by Nguyễn Huy Thiệp, one of the influential Vietnamese authors. His novel, which confronts the two-sidedness of human nature, is regarded as a pinnacle work in which you will discover the most incisive metaphors for the reality people faced after Vietnam’s reform.
Salt of the Jungle
○ Opening Ceremony: December 13, 2017
○ When: December 15, 2017 – February 9, 2018 (Close on December 14, 2017)
○ Where: Special Exhibition Gallery (1st floor), ACH
○ Inquiries: Performing Arts and Exhibition Department (051)775-2000
○ Website: http://www.ach.or.kr/user/main