- Mayor: Kep Chuk Tema
- Located in the south-central region of Cambodia, at the confluence of the Tonle Sap, Mekong, and Bassac rivers.
- Population: About 1.32 million
- Area: 375㎢
- Major Industries: Tourism·Commerce·Textiles·Agriculture·Fisheries
- Contact Information
- Office: International Relations Office
- Address: Municipality of Phnom Penh, #69, Preah Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Phone: 855) 16-915-260
- Fax: 855) 23-430-214
- Website: http://www.phnompenh.gov.kh
At a Glance
Phnom Penh, the capital and the largest city of Cambodia, is the country's economic, industrial, commercial, cultural, tourist
and historical center. Once known as the "Pearl of Asia" in the 1920s, Phnom Penh replaced Angkor as capital of Cambodia in 1432,
and is a city that continues to value both its traditional and modern attractions.
Busan signed a sister-city agreement with Phnom Penh on June 11, 2009 when Mayor Hur, Nam-sik visited the city.