- Governor: Hilario P. Davide III
- Location: Central Visayas region of central Philippines
- Population: 4.63 million including independent cities (as of 2015 census data)
- Area: 5,342 sq.km
- Main industries: tourism, business process outsourcing (BPO) services, furniture manufacturing, shipping, heavy industry
- Contact information
- Address: Cebu Provincial Capitol, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
- Division in charge: Office of the Provincial Governor
- Tel: +6332-888-2328 (CEBU)
- Fax: +6332-255-0642
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.cebu.gov.ph/
- Facebook: @cebugovph
- Twitter: @cebugovph
- Instagram: @cebugovph
At a Glance
- Cebu, located at the Central Visayas region in central Philippines, is one of the most developed provinces in the country. It consists of the main island and 167 surrounding islands and islets. Cebu has 44 towns, 6 component cities and 3 independent cities
- First established by the Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan sailing under the Spanish flag as a strategic port and trading center in the 16th century, Cebu is today the commercial, economic, cultural, religious, and tourism center of the central and southern region of the country.
- As home to the Port of Cebu and Mactan Cebu International Airport, it is the gateway to the central and southern Philippines for travel and shipping.
- As a leading tourist destination in Southeast Asia and a premier province of the Philippines, Cebu boasts of beautiful natural sceneries from the top of mountains to the bottom of the seas filled with different eco-adventures and serviced by an advanced hotel and resort industry.
- Cebu signed the Sister City Relationship with Busan Metropolitan City on December 16, 2011 with Mayor Hur Nam-sik visiting Cebu for the occasion.
History of Exchanges
June 23, 2011
The Governor of Cebu visited Busan to sign a Letter of Intent on the Establishment of Friendly Cooperation Relations.
Cebu proposed the establishment of a Sister City relationship with Busan
December 16, 2011
Mayor Hur, Nam-sik of Busan Metropolitan City visited Cebu to sign the Sister City Agreement
November 12, 2014
Busan Metropolitan City Director for International Affairs Division Choi Gi-won visited Cebu and met Governor Davide to strengthen the twinning agreement between the two governments.
December 22, 2014
Busan and Cebu signed a sisterhood agreement on art-cultural exchange between the Federation of Artistic and Cultural Organization of Busan and the Province of Cebu.
Chief of Staff: Elizabeth Francia
Tel: 63 32 253 1970, Fax: 63 32 255 0642