- Mayor: Rahm Emanuel
- Location: Along the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan
- Population: 2.9 million (Chicagoland : 9.17 million)
- Area: 590km²
- Major Industry: Futures, exhibition, convention, machinery, etc.
- Sister Cities: 27 including Shanghai, Osaka, Hamburg, Moscow, and Paris
- Contact Information in Chicago
At a Glance
The third most populous city in the United States (second largest economic capital), Chicago is the financial, business, and cultural capital of the Midwest. Over one thousand exhibitions and conventions are being held annually, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange is truly the world's biggest and most well-known futures exchange. Located along the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan, Chicago also boasts an excellent water transportation as well as air transportation system.
Mayor Hur, Nam-sik and Mayor Daley declared the City of Chicago and Busan Metropolitan City sister cities on May 7, 2007 during Mayor Hur's visit to Chicago.