- Acting Director General: H.E. Hussain Nasser Lootah
- Location: Northeastern part of the UAE, off the Persian Gulf
- Population: 2,000,000
- Area: 4,114km²
- Climate: Sub-tropical and arid climate
- Contact Information in Dubai
- Address: Dubai Municipality P. O. Box 67, Dubai, UAE
- Department: Public Relations & Organizations Dept.
- Telephone: +971 4 2063303
- Dubai Municipality Portal: http://www.dm.gov.ae
At a Glance
Dubai is the second largest emirate and commercial capital of the United Arab Emirates.
It is rapidly developing itself as a re-export center in the Middle East, making use of its geographical location to the fullest.
Dubai has attracted world-wide attention through a variety of events and mega development projects, including the Burj Dubai and the Palm Islands. By successful operation and continued expansion of the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone, Dubai is emerging as a gateway to the region.