- The Mayor: Helen Zille
- Location: Table Mountain, The southernmost part of South Africa
- Population: 4,110,000
- Area: 129,370km²
- Climate: Mostly semi-arid; subtropical along the eastern coast, with sunny days and cool nights
- Department: Intergovernment Relations
- Address: Private Bag X9043 Cape Town 8000 Federation
- Phone: 27-21-483-4446 / Fax : 27-21-483-3421
- Website: http://capegateway.gov.za/
At a Glance
Western Cape is the southernmost of the Republic of South Africa's nine states and is a major legislative center.
Major industries include mineral production, automobile manufacturing, fabricated materials, machinery, textiles, chemicals and fertilizer. The most important industry, however, is shipping repair.
They have established the Western Cape Trade Investment or 'Wesgro' and are giving special attention to tourism and the metal industry.
Mr. Ahn Sang-Young, Mayor of Busan, and Mr. GN Morkel, Mayor of Western Cape, signed the establishment of sisterhood relationship on July 5, 2000.