- The Mayor: Len Brown
- Location: Northern Island, New Zealand
- Population: 1,500,000 persons
- Area : 5,048km²
- Climate: Auckland has a sub tropical climate, with warm summers averaging 24 degrees C and mild winters averaging 16 degrees C.
- Address: Private Bag 92300, Auckland, New Zealand
- Phone: 64-9-379-2020 / Fax : 64-9-309-9188
- Website: http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/
At a Glance
Auckland is New Zealand’s largest and liveliest city with a population of 1.46million, representing about one third of the country’s total.
It is a popular tourism destination and the contribution of international inbound tourism to Auckland’s GDP is estimated at $1.96 billion.
Auckland is the economic gateway to New Zealand with approximately 61 per cent of the country’s imports and 32 per cent of exports passing through Auckland International Airport or Ports of Auckland.
With approximately 31 per cent of New Zealand businesses, the Auckland region has 32 per cent of the New Zealand’s employment and 36 per cent of the country’s gross domestic product is accounted for by Auckland.
Every year more than 40,000 international students study in Auckland.
Bordered by the Manukau and Waitemata harbours, Auckland has 53 volcanic cones, more than 65 islands in the Hauraki Gulf, dozens of beaches and over 800 parks.
A vibrant mix of restaurants, events, art and fashion offers an array of cosmopolitan experiences.
Mr. Moon Jung-Soo, Mayor of Busan and Mr. Les Mills, Mayor of Auckland signed the establishment of sisterhood relationship on April 22, 1996.