- The Mayor: Karlos Bustamante
- Location: West, Pacific coast, Mexico
- Population: 1,210,000
- Area: 1,727km²
- Climate: Oceanic climate (The yearly temperature 21°C)
- Department: Public & International Affairs Bureau
- Address: Placio de gobierno Municipal Av. Independencia Paseo Tijuana, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, B.C. 22320, Mexico
- Phone: 52-664-683-4070 / Fax: 52-664-973-7135/7670
- Website: http://www.tijuana.gob.mx
At a Glance
Tijuana located in the Northwest circum-pan pacific area of Mexico is the gateway between Mexico and Latin America. It borders the city of San Diego in California State,U.S.A and is the largest city in Baha California State. The people living in the city are optimistic and kind.
The government of Mexico built up the Maquilradora Trade Zone to develop its industry. Nine hundred and ten factories among 2,120 factories in all of Maquilradora are in Baha California State. Six hundred factories among them are in Tijuana. The main industries of Tijuana are metal, food, wood processing and manufacturing. It has abundance of natural resources. Tijuana has sisterhood relationships with San Diego in U.S.A, Chunjin in China, and Busan. Mr. Kim Ki-jae, Mayor of Busan and Mr. Hector Osuna, Mayor of Tijuana signed the the establishment of sisterhood relationship agreement in Tijuana, on January 17, 1995.