- The Mayor: Tri Rismaharini
- Location: Mid-north coast city in east Java,Indonesia
- Population: 2,700,000
- Area: 300km²
- Climate: Subtropical climate (The yearly temperature 27.6°C)
- Department: Research Development Dept., Development Planning Board
- Address: Pacar Street No. 8, Surabaya 60272, Indonesia
- Phone/Fax: 62-31-546-9686
- Website: http://www.surabaya.go.id/
At a Glance
Surabaya, as one of the most important port cities in Asia, is the capital of east Java State and is the center of industry on the northeast coast. It is also the center of manufacturing, agriculture and trade and there are iron and steel, sugar, and cement factories in the suburb area of the city. As an important base in Indonesia and the second city next to Jakarta, Surabaya is also a major transit center used by ships and planes.
The exchanges of high schools and universities between two cities have been very active since the establishment of sisterhood relationship.
Mr. Jung Moon-hwa, Mayor of Busan and Mr. Sunarto Sumoprawiro, Mayor of Surayaba signed the establishment of sisterhood relationship.