- The Mayor: Yang Xiong
- Location: Southeast central coast region, China
- Population: 23,010,000
- Area: 6,340km²
- Climate: Close to subtropical climate having 4 seasons
- Department: Foreign Affairs Office, Shanghai Municipality
- Address: 1418 Nanjing Road W., Shanghai, 200040 China
- Phone: 86-21-2216-1632 / Fax : 86-21-6256-3744
- Website: http://www.shanghai.gov.cn/shanghai/node27118/index.html
At a Glance
Shanghai is located in the southeast area of the Yantze River and is a natural port connecting China to the world. High tech industries like aerospace are being advanced in Shanghai. It is a gateway of trade and is the central base of land, sea and air transportation in the Pacific Rim Region. It has attempted to become a center of international economy, finance and trade through development of Pudong region, which the largest development saw in the 1990's. Development of education, culture and science technology in Shanghai is very rapid and the city is leaping into the center of global finance.
Busan Trade Office in Shanghai opened in August, 1997 following the opening of the Office in Miami, U.S.A.
Jeong Moon-hwa, Mayor of Busan and Mayor of Shanghai signed the establishment of sisterhood relationship in Shanghai on Aug. 24, 1993.