- The Mayor: Eduardo Paes
- Location: Modest pacific coast region, Brazil
- Population: 6,320,000
- Area: 1,260km²
- Climate: Tropical climate (The yearly temperature 23°C)
- Department: International Relations Cabinet
- Address: Placio, de Cidade, R. Sao clemente 360, 22260-000, Rio de Janeiro
- Phone: 55-21-2286-1045/2239 / Fax : 55-21-2286-9246
- Website: http://www.rio.rj.gov.br/
At a Glance
Rio de Janeiro is the second largest city in Brazil and one of the most beautiful ports in the world. It established the current city system on March 1, 1565 The economy consists of 23.5% of agriculture and 75.5% of commerce industry. Agriculture and commerce are the main industries of the city.
The Korean Ambassador in Brazil proposed setting up a sisterhood relationship with Busan on May.8, 1984 and the two cities established a sisterhood relationship on Sep.23, 1985. The Mayor of Rio de Janeiro attended a conference held during the period of Busan carnival to deliberate on a promotion program of exchanges between sisterhood cities.
Mr. Jung Chae-jin, Mayor of Busan and Mr. Marcei yo Nudes Alencar, Mayor of Rio de Jainero city signed the establishment of sisterhood relationship in Rio de Jainero.