- The Mayor: Antonio R Villaraigosa
- Location: Midwest pacific coast region, U.S.A
- Population: 3,810,000
- Area: 1,290km²
- Climate: Subtropical climate (The yearly average temperature 25.7°C)
- Department: International Affairs Department
- Address: 200 North Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Phone: 1-213-978-7024 / Fax : 1-213-978-6057
- Website: http://www.lacity.org/
At a Glance
Los Angeles is a center of commerce and technology located in southwest California, USA It is the third largest city in the U.S.A and the largest port city in the Pacific coast area. It is also the center of space, defense and film industries and has about 600 facilities related to film making.
President Park Junghee proposed to the Mayor of L.A. to establish a sisterhood relationship while visiting the USA in May 1965 and established the sisterhood relationship on Dec.18, 1967. About 700,000 Koreans live in California and over 100 Korean organizations are active there, including cultural exchanges such as mother's volleyball teams and boys & girls chorus. Busan supports a float for a parade there every Korean's Day (held in September) to encourage the Koreans who live there. Mr. Richard J. Riordan visited Busan with his Asia Trade Mission on February 28,1998. Mr. Kim Dae-man, Mayor of Busan and, Mr. Samuel Yorty, Mayor of L.A. signed the establishment of sisterhood relationship agreement.