- The Mayor: Chen Chu
- Location: Northwest coast region, Taiwan
- Population: 2,770,000
- Area: 2,946km²
- Climate: Subtropical climate (The yearly average temperature 25.7°C)
- Department: Office of the International Secretary
- Address: No.2,Sue-Wei 3rd Road,Ling Ya District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan 802
- Phone: 886-7-331-9880 / Fax : 886-7-335-3132
- Website: http://www.kcg.gov.tw/
At a Glance
Kaohsiung is the second city and the largest port city in Taiwan, which facilitates 2/3 of imports and exports in Taiwan. Kaohsiung port is ranked third in the world in terms of container volume. Iron and steel, ship building and oil are the main industries of Kaohsiung. Busan established the first relationship with Kaohsiung as a sister city on June 30, 1966.
Kim Dae-man, Mayor of Busan, signed the establishment of sisterhood relationship.