- 2012 Alive Gallery
- The Scenes of a Hot Country, Contemporary Vietnamese Art
- 2012 Cine Replay II
- Dureraum Summer 2012: Romantic Summer
- Exhibition: Banjjoki's Imagination Museum
- Special Exhibition: Goguryeo History and Culture
- The 38th Grand Art Exhibition of Busan
- Madame Tussauds Busan
- Free Summer Night Movies at Busan Cinema Center
- Bae, Dong-jun: Studies in Modern Landscapes
- David LaChapelle in Busan
- Regular Tuesday Korean Cultural Performances
- ‘Dadaepo Sunset Fountain of Dreams’ Music Show
- House-Shaped Pottery of the Three Kingdoms Period in Busan
- Busan Sea Festival 2012
- Photography Exhibition: Jiwoo Love Story in Busan
- Saturday Regular Performance of Korean Music & Dance
- Geert Jan Jansen and Ellen Van Baren Art Exhibition
Event of the Month
Geert Jan Jansen and Ellen Van Baren Art Exhibition
○ Period: November 15, 2011 - August 30, 2012
○ Venue: Netherland Art Gallery
○ Opening Hours: 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Tuesday to Sunday)
○ Free admission
○ For more info.: 051)741-3622
Address - Dalmaji-gil, 1491-7, Jung 2-dong, Haeundae-gu, 612-849
The Netherland Art Gallery, which is part-museum and part-gallery, opened on Haeundae’s Dalmaji Hill on November 15. Dutch artist Geert Jan Jansen and his wife Ellen Van Baren will display 20 to 30 of their artworks there every month.
An influential artist in Europe, Jansen, who is in his 60s, has met and exchanged ideas with Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol and Karel Appel, while also studying their works.
His life was made into a documentary that aired on the Discovery Channel and on many broadcasting stations in Europe. His books can be found on his Web site (www.geertjanjansen.nl).
Meanwhile, Ellen Van Baren is known for her soft pencil drawings of Oriental women, birds and flowers that use a mixture of soft and warm colors.
Netherlands-born businessmen Martin Vermeulen, who represents the gallery, said, “I fell in love with Busan 20 years ago and now I am doing business here. This artistic couple was won over by Busan’s charms and they opened a gallery so people who are interested in art can easily access their works.”
The gallery opens from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday. Admission is free.
* Information: Netherland Art Gallery (051-741-3622)