- Art Exhibition: Scenes of Korean Nature
- Art Exhibition: Among the Four Seasons 'Summer I'
- Photo Exhibition: HOMO URBANUS EUROPEANUS
- Documentary Exhibition: Biodiversity is life, Biodiversity is our life
- Korean Art Exhibition
- Cinema Prism 1: DOCU
- Busan Super Cup International Yacht Race 2012
- The Miniatures Exhibition: Movie in the Box
- Musicals on Screen - held over screening
- Yuchae Flower Festival
- 2012 UN Peace Park Spring Flower Festival
- Photography, Modernity of the Eye
- Joseon Tongsinsa Busan Festival
- Photography Exhibition: Relics and Ruins of the Gaya Period
- 2012 Dureraum Spring Festival: Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition
- White Future: Thinking of Nuclear
- Regular Tuesday Korean Cultural Performances
- ‘Dadaepo Sunset Fountain of Dreams’ Music Show
- House-Shaped Pottery of the Three Kingdoms Period in Busan
- Special Exhibition: Gwangpo-dong Sonata
- The 9th Busan International Performing Arts Festival
- Photography Exhibition: Jiwoo Love Story in Busan
- Saturday Regular Performance of Korean Music & Dance
- Geert Jan Jansen and Ellen Van Baren Art Exhibition
Event of the Month
Joseon Tongsinsa Busan Festival
○ Period: May 4 ~ May 6, 2012
○ Venue: Yongdusan Park and the Gwangbok-ro
Four hundred years ago, the envoys of the Joseon Tongsinsa went on a voyage of peace and exchange with Japanese neighbors. Today, the 10th anniversary event is marked by the Joseon Tongsinsa International Culture Exchange Project. As well as reviving the Joseon Tongsinsa Parade, the exchange project will host the “I Love Busan” parade, and a special welcome parade of Japanese artists.
Around 2,000 locals and visitors from Japan are expected to take part in the festival. In addition, the Korean Japan Music Festival will see six teams of Korean and Japanese musicians present an exciting performance, while visitors will also be able to check out the Korea Japan Food Festival, a clothes zone, a history theme zone and more.
Haesinje, the ritual conducted to wish a safe journey to the Joseon Tongsinsa envoys, will be reenacted in front of the Joseon Tongsinsa History Hall. Jeonbyeolyeon, the food the envoys ate, will be prepared as well. Also taking place are a quiz, “Joseon Tongsinsa, Ring the Golden Bell”.
Busan Cultural Foundation (051-744-7707)
○ How to get there
Metro Line No. 1 to Jagalchi Station. 15 minutes’ walk from the station.