Busan Citizen's Charter
The city of Busan, beautifully situated beside the Nakdong River and Mt. Geumjong, continues the fair and equitable spirit of the Gaya and Shilla cultures with a keen vision for furthering national self-esteem and the cultivation of democracy.
Busan, located at the very heart of Northeast Asia, is the maritime gate to the Asia-Pacific rim group nations and serves as a major bridgehead to the Northeast Asian continent. Busan is widely open to talented people in every field of human endeavor.
We are proud to be citizens of Busan. We will open up the bright future of our city with a dynamic spirit that contributes to the prosperity of Busan, to the nation as a whole and to the general welfare of mankind.
- We will develop Busan into an admirable society which gives priority to human rights and improves the well-being of all its citizens.
- We will develop Busan into a just and equal society where law and order are well-observed.
- We will develop Busan into an eco-friendly society where all natural lives are warmly esteemed.
- We will develop Busan into an open society which values innovation and creativity while maintaining and respecting traditional culture.
- We will develop Busan into a society where all citizens can live in peace in order to serve the city as one community.